The Region V is Awards Committee is happy to announce he nomination information and form for the Quinten S Mathews Travel Award are available.
Quinten S. Mathews Regional Travel Award for the 2018 Spring Regional Meeting.
The Awards Committee will select up to two $1,000 awards to offset the travel expenses of attendees to the regional meeting in San Marcos May 6-9, 2018.
- Nominees must be research administrators from the Region V geographical area (Oklahoma and Texas).
- Nominees should be new to research administration and have been in his/her position less than three years from time of award.
- Nominees must not have previously attended an NCURA-sponsored meeting or conference.
- Participation in NCURA training courses (e.g., Fundamentals of Sponsored Projects Administration Workshop) or NCURA web seminars does not preclude eligibility.
- Nominees are NOT required to be members of NCURA at the time of the nomination.
- Nominations should be made using the Regional Travel Nomination Form found at the Region V website. The Administrative Policy for the Region V Travel Awards should also be reviewed.
- Nominees must provide a written statement on how the award will benefit the nominee and the home institution (At least one letter of support from the home institution MUST BE included). The nominee and/or the institutional support letter(s) must demonstrate that the applicant has secured approval from his or her supervisor to attend the meeting.
- Should the cost of attendance exceed the amount of the award, the application and/or the support letter(s) must confirm that the awardee or the awardee’s home institution will cover the balance.
The selection will be based on perceived need and benefits to the nominee and the home institution. Self-nominations will be accepted.
Information about the eligibility and nomination criteria can be found on the Region V NCURA website.
Please email the completed nomination form to Shelly Berry Hebb with the subject line “Region V Travel Award Nomination [your name]” no later than MARCH 7th 2018. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
Thomas B. Spencer, PhD, MBA
Chairperson, NCURA Region V
Assistant Vice President: IR Operations & Compliance
Academic and Administrative Information Resources, UT Southwestern Medical Center
Lecturer: Krieger School of Arts & Sciences, Johns Hopkins University
The forms are located on the Administration page.